Welcome to what will (hopefully) be one of many posts! Last month I opened a question box on my Instagram and asked people for questions. So here are three of the November 2020 Questions and Answers. Be sure to watch the video below to hear all the questions and answers!
1) Who or what motivates you?
In the video, I share about what motivates me (my passion)! But I didn’t share WHO motivates me.
I am motivated, encouraged, and inspired by several women. Of course, there’s my mom, who continues to teach me everyday, even in my big age of 26. I learn so much about life from her and appreciate any time I can absorb her wisdom. Alex Elle also inspires me in my self-care and spiritual life! If you are not following her on social media or are a part of her newsletter, you are missing out. Her affirmations work is so inspiring and constantly pushes me to be introspective!
I could go on because there are several women who inspire and motivate me in different areas of my life! But I had to name a few.
2) How many planners do you own and use?
I shared more about my system here but there’s so much more to my planners:
My A5-size planner is my catchall. She’s like the friend you can always depend on and who knows you more than anyone else. I spend most of my time planning in my A5. This planner houses five sections: schedule, list, projects, finances, and miscellaneous. Let’s chat about each section:
- SCHEDULE. I use this section the most out of any other section! You’ll find my calendar, weekly, and daily inserts here and lots of sticky notes.
- LIST. I love this section of my planner too. You’ll find the most random lists in here. My favorite insert in this section is a lined insert where I wrote out a full chapter of Psalms.
- PROJECTS. I don’t use this section as frequently as I use the other sections of my planner now that I have a separate content planner. But I keep my Cloth & Paper’s 5-year plan inserts here!
- FINANCES. Not my favorite section but probably the most important one! I track my bills, spending, and savings goals here.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This section is like the one junk drawer you have in your kitchen. There’s a little bit of everything in this part of my planner! I keep important inserts in there but I honestly can’t tell you what’s in that section. I only reference the inserts when I need them.
I love the half-letter size! It’s truly the best of both worlds. I house all my content planning here. I use lined inserts from Cloth & Paper and 8Lotus, as well as weekly Hobonichi inserts from both shops and project management inserts from 8Lotus.
3) What is your favorite social media platform?
In this video, I mentioned that Instagram is my favorite social media platform. (This is true for personal and business reasons.) But I also shared how I see the value in each platform for business purposes. I frequently repurpose my Instagram content for Facebook. For example, if I’m sharing an in-feed Instagram photo and chatting about a new blog post, I also make a complimentary post on my Facebook page to share the link and talk more about the blog post.
Social media strategy is fun work (for me) but it can take up a lot of your time when you want to do it the right way. (Here’s a shameless plug!) If you are a brand or small business, let’s chat about your social media strategy so you can focus more on your business and less on work in your business.
I hope you enjoyed this post! The November 2020 Questions and Answers were both fun and thought-provoking!